My Fears Of Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur - The Entrepreneur Inside of Me (Why I Have Not Set it Free)
Becoming a successful entrepreneur is one of my dreams. Confidence is needed to make it happen.
A Little Bit About Me
I am Brenda, a 44 year old single mother in California. I would love to join the league of single mom entrepreneurs, but I'm stuck.
I had a career in Colorado, however, that ended with my marriage five years ago.
Starting over with a thirteen year old daughter has not been easy.
I Started Dreaming Of Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur When I Left My Temp Job After Two Years
- I worked as a temp in a dairy plant but left after two years when I realized they would never hire me as a permanent employee because they do not hire temps, ever.
- My thoughts began drifting toward being my own boss after I quit the dairy.
My Entrepreneurial Dream
- The business that swims in my head is a service for single, working parents.
- The business would run errands, like post office runs or waiting for a repair person so the parent does not lose hours at work.
Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur Is Something I Only Dream Of, Because My Biggest Obstacle Is My Self Esteem
The biggest obstacle is my self-esteem.
If I knew one wish would come true, I would wish back the confidence in myself I had ten years ago.
Everyone knew I could do anything I set my mind to back then.
I Wish That Someone Would Create A Seminar That Teaches How To Bring Your Startup Business Ideas To Life With Confidence
I would love to attend a seminar on entrepreneur mindset along with how to boost my confidence because right now starting my own business seems outrageous.
The One Thing That Really Stops Me From Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur Is The Fear Of Failure
I mean, what if I fail?
Entrepreneurs are supposed to be risk takers....right?
I need to know enough people who will let me work for them to build a reputation.
I do not want to work for someone else right now because I like to be in charge and being told when I can take a break pisses me off.
So if nothing is done to fulfill this dream, I will be working at a job I hate still planning to start a business someday.
Also, I Would Love To See A Seminar For Single Mom Entrepreneurs
- I would like to see seminars on decision making for the single parent entrepreneur.
- A series on how to make the right decisions based on the resources available in that persons community.
- Where I live, there are no programs that I can afford to take for building self-esteem.
I Would Also Like To See A Seminar On Communicating Ideas More Effectively.
I have a problem with getting people to understand my ideas. The pursuit of becoming a successful entrepreneur would mean that I learn how to communicate my ideas in such a way that people can 'get'.
A Seminar On How To Motivate People To Listen Is Also Something I Would Like To Be Taught.
If a person is not interested in, or does not understand the subject, they do not listen effectively.
Hmmm...Should A Good Fairy Come And Grant My Most Fanciful Wishes, I Would Be Successful In Running The Business I Dream Of.
- There would be people working for me who were happy and well paid for the jobs they performed.
- Financially, I would not be living check to check worrying how I will pay the electric bill.
- There would be franchises across the nation.
- Single parents would not have to worry about leaving work to take their kids to the dentist or take them forgotten homework.
- Groceries would be put away in the refrigerator so moms can drive straight home from work and relax.
- No more sitting in hot traffic damning the lights and the grocery store because the kids need milk.