The Critical Factor To Becoming A Success Can Be Learned By Listening To The Wisdom Of Your Parents.
by Denice Todd-Flournoy
" title=""One of the critical factors to becoming a success is having a heart that's open enough to listen to what your parents tell you...They have your best interests at heart."">
"One of the critical factors to becoming a success is having a heart that's open enough to listen to what your parents tell you...They have your best interests at heart."
I've found that the most critical factor to becoming a success in life is tied to being open to listen to what your parents are trying to tell you.
- They have the benefit of experience on their listen.
So...If I were able to talk to my 18 year old self again...I would tell myself to listen to my parents.
- Parents try to tell you stuff, and you just let it come through one ear and out of the other.
But give your parents the benefit of the doubt.
- They have your best interest at heart.
- They only want you to try your hardest to do your best.
The thing I've tried to instill in my own children is to take heed to what I try to tell them.
- I want them to understand that one of the most critical factor's to success is trying their hardest to do their best.
- Now, I'm not saying that you have to be at the top of the heap, but I am saying that you need to strive to do whatever you can to put YOUR best foot forward.
Also, being your best at all you do means that you have to cut out the excuses.
Don't bring excuses to the table when it comes down to reaching your goal.
- It's doing what it takes upfront to prepare yourself for tomorrow.
- It's about doing the "right" things at the "right" time.
Also, as a final critical factor to becoming a success is to recognize the importance of honoring your obligations.
- Life WON'T be handed to you on a silver platter, so you've got to do what it takes to be prepared to work for your silver platter.
- This means being prepared and not putting off things until the last minute.
- Success requires more than just cramming and rushing to make it all happen.
One final thought about achieving success.
Just know that failure is not an option for you...it's about developing a plan of action and making strides to succeed in whatever you do.
Teenager Parenting 101 - THE leading ebook on what it REALLY takes to raise today's teen!
...because raising your teen doesn't have to be an ordeal...(for either of you).
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to The Words Of Motivation Corner...Just What Would You Tell Yourself If You Were 18 Again?.