Looking To Increase Your Targeted Web Site Traffic? Then Here I Am - Show Me, Inform Me, Entertain Me.
by Doug Kueffler
(Missoula, Montana, USA)
Rocks and Paint....If You Are Looking To Increase Your Targeted Web Site Traffic, Show Me Something New...Something Original...
Many of my favorite website discoveries could be compared to a child entering a Disneyland exhibit for the first time.
(Well, Christmas morning might be an apt description as well.)
So, if you are looking to increase your targeted web site traffic, keep these tips in mind.
Getting Increased Website Traffic Tip One:
When I find a website that has excellent graphics and color, that shows me that the owner is visually "with it" and the graphics MUST relate to the reason I searched.
Getting Increased Website Traffic Tip Two:
When I discover a site that includes meaningful information, rather than lead-ons and teases (like "details at eleven"), I stick around to read. The meaningful information should be RIGHT THERE in front of me!
That main point grabs me and keeps me. "Ah ha! This is what I was looking for!" is what you want your visitors to exclaim.
Then, as I peruse the site I look for additional detail that perhaps I didn't know I was looking for, leads to other sources of information, links to more in-depth coverage of what I searched for.
And...this is very important: the links should open in new windows, so I don't lose the original, wonderful, page that I discovered.
Getting Increased Website Traffic Tip Three:
Oh, and if you really want to reel me in...give me a little animation.
- Give me little gifs that attract my attention.
Getting Increased Website Traffic Tip Four:
If you don't mind, use a little humor...
- Computers don't have a sense of humor, so when I find humor I know that there is a person on the other side of the webpage.
- Almost like a window, who is guessing that I am willing to be entertained too, because he/she knows that it is a human who is visiting the page, not a computer.
Getting Increased Website Traffic Tip Five:
And...Finally, if there is advertising (and we all know that advertising keeps us in business) make certain that the ads are RELEVANT to the visitor's original search.
- Don't try to sell real estate in Montana if the visitor was searching for nutrition information.
And...Once You Begin To Get Increased Website Traffic, Make It Easy For Me To Come Back.
- Make it easy to Bookmark as a Favorite: include a Button.
- Make it easy to subscribe: include a button.
The Bottom-Line To Gettting An Increase In Targeted Web Site Traffic...
Show me something new, or at least an original way of looking at something...
- Like Rocks and Paint.
- We know what they are, but see how original you can be when you combine them.
That's About It: Show Me, Inform Me, Entertain Me.
Here's to getting an increase in targeted web site traffic by making your site come alive!
Thanks for listening to a website fan who is always looking to find new and intriguing websites to explore.