11 Tips To Help Get Through Your Business Startup Blues
The question: How do I get through my business startup blues ?
The answer: try a little patience, strategy, and fortitude.
How Do You Get Through Your Business Startup Blues?
When you start your new business, you have to come to grips
with the reality that patience (plus a little strategy) is a
There may be times when it seems like you've waited
months and months for your new business to fly, but right now it's just
Step One. Accept The Fact That There Is No Guarantee.
Oftentimes, as new business owners, we forget that there are
no guarantees when we launch our business.
- There is no guarantee that we will fail .
- There is no guarantee that we will succeed .
- There is no guarantee that our customer' will be beating our
doors down .
Step Two. Rest in the Confidence of Designing Your Business With Your
Customer In Mind.
The only guarantee that we can hold onto, is the
guarantee that we increase our likelihood of success
- We have taken the time to build a customer
- That will make the lives of a hand-selected niche of customers better.
- By either solving their problem, making them feel better…or both.
Step Three. Accept The Fact That Just Starting Your New Business Doesn't Guarantee You Customers
- "If I build it, then they may not come." is business
fact that all businesses, large and small, have to contend
- People…are…busy. (Memorize this fact and your business
will succeed a lot quicker.)
Step Four. Plan To Capture The Attention Of Your Customers By Developing a Customer-Focused Elevator Pitch For Your Business
- Your customers are faced with trying to do more
with less .
- They wake up going 100 mph and sometimes they may not
even stop to take a breath until they go to bed at night.
- Thus, when you approach your customer know that they
don't have time to listen to your
30-minute dissertation on the finer points of your
Step Five. Use Your Customer-Focused Elevator Pitch To Let Them Know What's In It For Them.
Anytime you meet
someone who could benefit
from your business, be prepared to tell them
- Get to the point and be upfront.
- Why should they care
about your new business launch?
- What benefit do they get out of it?
- What problem is it that you are trying to help
them solve ?
Step Six. Breathe. Give Your Business The Time It Needs To
You have to give your business enough time to mature.
- Think about it takes the human body nine
months to fabricate all of the intricate vessels for a newborn
- AND THEN...it takes that same mother 18
years (at least that what she's hoping for) to shape and
mold that newborn baby into an honorable, self-supporting human being.
Don't get me wrong. It won't take your business 9 months and 18 years to get off the ground.
But it will take a little time, patience, and strategy to make it
grow the way you need it to grow.
Step Seven. Realistically Assess - And Then Satisfy - Your Current Needs.
While your are
waiting for your business to grow into the success that you will mold it into,
you need to plan how you will bring
in income in the meantime.
- Understand, that a part being a
successful business person, means that you create a plan for your long-term
as well as short term and more
- Thus, you need to have a realistic assessment of what you need, right now, to survive.
- And…you need to have a plan of
action in place that will support your reality.
Step Eight. Develop Your Intermediate Plan.
- If you are not careful, your sense of desperation will
overpower your decision-making prowess.
So, here's what you need to develop of Intermediate Plan of
- You can't sell desperation.
- An intermediate plan of action gives you insight on how you will
survive while you are waiting on your business to flourish.
- Figure out how much income you really need to support
your life and your business.
- Determine upfront how long your business can
survive without money.
- Determine if you have enough cash flow to maintain your
life without the initial income flow for your business?
- If not, is there any way you can borrow the
- Is there way you can create a
product or service offering that will generate the
start up funds
Step Nine. Design your business to bring in multiple streams of income.
Protect your customers and the survivability
of your business by designing your business to earn income from a variety of
- The key is to create an multi-priced array
of products and services
that will entice your customer's to try it and buy it.
- Avoid the temptation to
replace customer-focused marketing efforts
with more aggressive marketing tactics.
- Aggressive marketing
tactics will irritate
your customers enough to flee from your business.
Step Ten. Develop Your Strategic Plan Of Action, Then Act…Immediately.
No matter how hard
you try, you can't circumvent your
business success hinges on your
continual need to sleep, eat, and make sound, strategic
Step Eleven. Clear Your Head and Lead Your Business From a Stance of
To move your business forward,
have to be made,
and actions have to take
place. Focus your efforts on starting your business with success in mind.
Business Survival 101. Why Is Making a Difference The Important First Step ? Business Survival 101
Start A Business With Confidence. How To Start Your New Business With Confidence
Preliminary Market Analysis. Finally...A Gauge For Your Potential To Succeed. What Is Preliminary Market Analysis?
Overcoming Sales Objections. Got Sales Blues? Learn The Secret Ingredient To Overcoming Objectives in Sales.
What Is Good Customer Relations? Give Your Business The Edge It Deserves. Adopt A Customer-Focused Perspective.
Growing Your Business. Learn How Your Market Position Impacts You Ability To Grow.
The Key To Pricing. The Purpose of a Business And The Role Of Price.
Importance of Organizational Purpose. How Important is Your Organizational Purpose? It Frames The Foundation For Your Success.