An Entrepreneur Success Story Of Flexibility, Innovation, and Commitment
by Emily Marshall
(Yakima, WA USA)
" title="There will be days when you want to stop the madness and just find a way to make your business idea start making money. You know that this is no small feat, so, here's a little advice I want to leave you when your plea is a simple, "I need to find some way to make money."" width="314" height="209">
There will be days when you want to stop the madness and just find a way to make your business idea start making money. You know that this is no small feat, so, here's a little advice I want to leave you when your plea is a simple, "I need to find some way to make money."
You can learn a lot about small business success by hearing the entrepreneur success story of another small business owner who used their passion to make money.
- When you are looking to bring your business idea to life, stop and see if you will end up actually making money from your small business.
- Also, understand what it really takes to transform your "I need to make money" desire into an actual and workable business.
In any field, in any era, It is the flexibility, innovation, and commitment of the owner, that makes the "I need to make money," dream come true.
- In fact, I can point you to a relative who found a way ensure that his business idea ends up making him money - which is no small feat for him.
- You see, my relative who owns a successful landscaping business in a competitive and even cutthroat market.
So, let's investigate his business closely.
- Let's look at what he did to ensure that his "I need to make money," need was supported in his business design.
- How has he succeeded while so many in his field have failed?
- His success is grounded in one very simple principle.
- He made sure that he purposely designed his business idea to make it.
- Making money for him was possible because of his small, but firm commitment to flexibility, innovation, and commitment.
The first secret of his entrepreneur success story is embedded in his attitude of flexibility.
- There is no written-in-stone policy or procedure.
- There is no "dumb idea" he won't pause to consider.
- When new equipment or procedures hit the market, he reads everything he can to see if they are right for his business.
- When certain groups of employees no longer work well together, he mixes up the crews.
The second secret of his entrepreneur success story is embedded in his resolve to constantly "tweak" the process.
He n-e-v-e-r stops innovating.
- By approaching problems with an open mind, he can move beyond "putting out fires" and instead make key changes with long-term results.
- By constantly "tweaking" his already winning formula, he can be sure he is always running at peak efficiency.
The third secret of his entrepreneur success story is his ability to continue pushing his business forward.
- Many business owners see success as permission to "coast".
- However, he has found that the key to long-lasting success is to keep pushing when a business is truly thriving.
So, if you happen to be one of those small businesses who have began to experience to sweet taste of success, then never take it for granted.
Look at your success and ask yourself:
- Which elements of my business are contributing to the success?
- How can I design it to make my business even richer?
- What is the next, most logical level for my business,
- And...what will take to ensure that my business will actually work at the next level?
The fourth secret of his entrepreneur success story is that he stays abreast of the current happenings of his industry.
- He keeps an avid eye on other industry leaders and evaluate what it is working for them.
The fifth secret of his entrepreneur success story is that he chooses to stay committed.
My successful landscaping relative embodies commitment.
- He is 100% committed to the quality of his product and customer satisfaction.
- His life is his business, and his business is his life.
The sixth secret of his entrepreneur success story is really no secret to all who know him - he has so much passion for what he does that it pours out from his pores.
And, because he chose a field for which he feels passion, he can work steadfastly without the burn-out he might suffer if his field was not also his favorite subject.
- It shows, because he is often the first one in the office and the last to leave.
The seventh secret of his entrepreneur success story is that he showcases unrelentless drive and tenacity.
- Even in his spare time, he is aware of his business's unique challenges and thinking about new ways to ensure success.
- This passion and drive trickles down to his employees, creating a positive, dedicated, and enthusiastic corporate atmosphere that keeps employees doing their very best work and keeps customers coming back.
So, what's my recommendation to you: Learn from the entrepreneur success story that was presented above.
Stay committed, devoted and passionately involved in hammering out your business idea until it starts making money.
- And yes, I do know that making it all work is no small feat.
- I promise you that amazing things will begin to happen if you weave your feelings of "I need to make money" into a business that is colored with flexibility, innovation, and commitment.
Never loose sight of what it will take to step into a an entrepreneur success story of your own.
If you remember nothing else from what I'm telling you, remember this: never loose sight of what it REALLY takes to make a small business succeed.
- Though the business world is rapidly changing, never loose sight of the type of person who succeeds in it.
- With a willingness to change with your industry and the times, a creative spirit, and a commitment to making your business a leader in its field, you will not and cannot fail, no matter what your goal.
Here's to your small business success!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to The Business Success Discussion - What Is It That Make Successful Small Businesses So Successful?.