Knowledge-Based Business Idea
101 - Making Money Using
What You Already Know.
"Discover what you can do to package your knowledge into a business idea. Making money by using what you know
is no small feat. To pull it off...you will have to
give them something they can 'ahh' about."
Dear wanting to sell your knowledge to make money,
When thinking about how to sell your knowledge to make money, you will need to figure out whether there is a niche market out there hungry for what it is that you want to sell.
- Knowledge in and of itself has very little value as a business idea.
- Making money with a small business of any type - whether it's knowledge based, service-based, or product-based requires that you provide authentic value to someone out there is who willing to pay you to make their lives less frustrating.
Too often I see too many people trying to package what they know into an e-book or info-product of some sort.
But here's the secret to making it work:
- You've got to somehow find a targeted niche of people who are scrambling around to find that very information that you have.
- You must find a way to package your knowledge in such a way that it actually gives them a bottom-line benefit, so that when they exchange their hard-earned money for your packaged information, they are satisfied.
When attempting to sell information, here's a reality that you will have to face:
- During tight economic conditions, people won't part easily with their money, so your business idea for making money must involve more than a small benefit for them.
- If you can't give them value for their buck, they won't give you an ounce of their time, attention, or their money.
Making any business idea stand on it's own requires that you look at making money from your small business through the eye of customer.
So, if you have an inclination to package your knowledge into a legitimate business, you will have to evaluate it from your customer's perspective.
Creating a customer-valued knowledge-based product requires that you find a way to make your knowledge sell by figuring out how to pull it all out of your brain and sell it on the net.
If you are looking to make money selling information, make sure your business idea for making money provides something more than a small benefit to a targeted group of people.
You must do whatever you can to package your knowledge, experience and expertise to make a targeted niche of people want to buy your info-product because you packaged your knowledge in such a way that it:
- Makes them feel better,
- Helps them solve a pressing and frustrating problem, or
- Does both a and b.
So, here's my recommendation to you.
Be encouraged to learn what it takes to make your knowledge sell by packaging your knowledge to make an impact on the lives of a targeted niche of people!
Signed: Latarsha Lytle, MBA, motivational coach, small business success strategist, and your biggest fan!