The Story Of How I Built My Business Around My Passion...Playing Role Play Games.
It is even more exciting if you can combine your passion with making money in business.
There are many different series of cards to choose from.
Each one has great art, characters, and stories.
Soon I spent more and more time buying cards, selling cards, and playing games.
The players become a second family.
I became aware of their style of play, common strategies, and personalities.
Suddenly it occurred to me that I could get qualified as a judge of the games and earn some money, and even run a store buying, selling cards, and running tournaments (games).
- It would be the place that players love to hang out.
- AND as a store owner, I would make money when the players wanted to buy new cards or sell their old cards.
- I also make a fee for judging local tournaments and games.
- I created a great inventory based on the games and styles of the players I already knew.
- I knew what the players were buying somewhere else and bringing with them to the tournaments.
- I stocked the store with drinks, snacks, equipment, t-shirts and more.
The store is located few blocks away from the local high school and draws buyers and players from the whole area.
Parents love the store because their kids are in a safe place and the prices are reasonable.
I have set up gift certificates and credit card accounts to make it even easier to make gift purchases.
Whenever the holidays come around the players bring their parents to the store to shop for their gifts.
Here's the coolest thing of all...
I do very little traditional advertising, but yet the store continues to grow with word-of-mouth referrals.
This is because I've found the secret to true business success: happy customers are the best form of advertising.
Many of the card players go to regional tournaments and brag about the great store that caters to the players.
Now players are coming from further and further away to buy and to play.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Entrepreneur Success Story Guide.