Become MORE than just a blur. Discover the small business success secret that will get you noticed.
The small business arena is very competitive: there are hundreds of small businesses that are crammed into this world - yet only a very few small businesses capture true loyalty to their brand.
After that, it's just one more car wash, bakery, or ice cream store.
- Experts have labeled this "mental shelf space".
- So...if you're company is not the first one, two, or three items within this "mental shelf space," then it is only part of the general mental blur.
- And being a mental blur WILL cost a lot of money to cut through with discounts, coupons, or advertising.
So here's what you've GOT to learn how to do.
- Do whatever you can to be special AND memorable.
- Make a special attempt NOT to fall prey to being "just another" in a long line of other business.
- Below are two companies that will show you how it's done.
Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Company was a premium, small batch, ice cream that competed against ice cream parlors, dairy stores, and grocery store ice creams.
- Their market niche was surrounded by larger, better established, competitors.
- The competitors were more costly AND less costly.
- Some were richer and better tasting, and some were not as rich and tasted differently.
The secret was to supply something the customer wanted, such as special varieties, AND memorable branding.
- Interestingly, the brand became just as memorable for their product as their way of doing business.
- The Ben & Jerry's brand became linked to doing good in the community.
- The "make-it-special-like-Funky-Monkey-Ice-Cream" branding move will be just the small business success secret that will put your busines on the map.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to The Business Success Discussion - What Is It That Make Successful Small Businesses So Successful?.