What Is The REAL meaning of success?
What is the real meaning of success?
- Some people will tell you that it's wealth: a new car, a boat, a big-screen TV, a fancy house, et cetera.
- Others will tell you that it's the simple life, only a happy marriage and children.
- Because all that success really is...is happiness!
- Happiness equals success; success equals happiness.
Because, for the most part, people believe that these are the things which will make them happy -- as though they will, one day, reach a plateau where they no longer need any more friends or material objects in order to satisfy their inner longings.
- If only it were so easy.
- Society and popular culture help to propagate this myth, everyone trying their best to reassure themselves...to convince themselves that it is the truth.
- In fact, very few people have ever been genuinely happy, and thus, seldom few people have ever been genuinely successful.
- The lust for wealth and glory are almost a trap in this way, as one can be led down the primrose path for an eternity before, if ever, realizing the awful truth...almost everyone dies confused and unsuccessful.
- It isn't as easy as being charming, or making lots of money.
- No, in order to be truly happy, you must love and accept everyone and everything, and never take yourself so seriously that you ever become angry or to seek to dominate others.
- The real meaning of success requires that:
- You must be humble.
- You must not desire wealth and popularity -- two things which can never, on their own, fill the void that only love can nourish and, ultimately, quench.
- You must be a guru; a wiseman; all on your own.
- The real meaning of success is tied to all of these things.
- That is the only way to genuine happiness, and thus, success!
Comments for The Real Meaning Of Success
Click here to add your own comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to The Words Of Motivation Corner...Just What Would You Tell Yourself If You Were 18 Again?.