eBay Selling Advice - 6 Tips That Will Help You Start (And Manage)Your eBay
Business With Success
Discover one mom's ebay selling advice and story of the winning formula she
found for using ebay to make money off of used clothing sales.
Dear Latarsha And Small Business Passion Readers,
A few years back I needed to find a way to work from home and care for my small children.
After checking into several ventures, I decided to try selling on Ebay.
Below is the
eBay selling advice
that I wish I'd had when I first started on my eBay business startup journey.
I've since learned that starting an eBay requires that you follow the strategies of success laid out by the successful eBayers.
My eBay Business Startup Efforts Were Slow Until I Realized The Power Of Establishing An eBay Selling Strategy
When I started, my intention was to earn money on eBay by selling used clothing.
At first, I did very poorly. My plans to use ebay to make money off of selling used clothing didn't quite 'materialize' like I wanted it.
- I began my eBay startup business journey by scouring rummage sales and buying good quality items for cheap.
- I then listed them for sale on Ebay in hopes of making a profit.
My Efforts At Starting A Business On Ebay Did Not Improve Until I Became More Focused On The Strategy Of Selling On Ebay.
I've had my eBay business now for over 2 years.
After applying the eBay selling advice I present to you below, I found that I was able to run a profitable eBay business.
eBay Selling Advice Rule One - Gather Your Information Using The Business Tools eBay Gives It's Sellers
Research your market well including search terms, brands, prices and trends.
- Ebay provides valuable reporting tools to sellers to help them achieve marketable sales.
- Ebay sellers also know how to search completed listings and see what similar items have sold for in recent days.
- This information is valuable for setting the starting price on an item.
- Plan to use the tools provided by eBay to make money and sell only what you know eBay customers will buy.
eBay Selling Advice Rule Two - Don't Simply Rely On Garage Sells To Keep Your eBay Used Clothing Store Stocked
Rummage sales provided most of my inventory those first few months.
I found these sales quickly dried up and as the season came to a close, I needed to find another of merchandise to sell.
ebay Selling Advice Rule Three - Find A Reliable Wholesale Used Clothing Supplier
I searched online for wholesale used clothing suppliers.
I found the perfect supplier that would ship bulk lots of clothes to my door.
After purchasing the sample pack first, I found the quality to be good and ordered my first large shipment.
eBay Selling Advice Tip Four - Stay Organized - As Soon As You Get Your Hands On The Goods, Find Ways To Maximize Your Efficiency
After I jumped on board with a supplier, I ramped up my operation to maximize efficiency.
- My spare bedroom turned into an assembly line of goods.
- Items were measured and tagged with information cards when they were inventoried.
- From there, items were placed on mannequins and photographed for auction listings.
- After being photographed, the item was packaged for shipping and numbered for sorting.
- The packages were stacked in a closet to wait until the auction ended and then they would be shipped.
eBay Selling Advice Tip Five - Find Programs That Will Help You List Your Products Fast
- Listing the items was fast and easy with free programs provided by Ebay.
- Turbolister was fast and I could easily upload twenty items at a time.
- I learned some basic HTML code and spruced up my auction pages to be competitive.
eBay Selling Advice Tip Five - When Developing Your Listing, Be As Detailed As Possible
The most important consideration for an auction listing is the title and the category.
The title should be something that is on the most searched for list provided by Ebay.
eBay Selling Advice Tip Six - Find Ways To Run Your eBay Business Effectively From Your Home
With an eBay (as with any other businesses), you'll soon begin to understand the old adage that says time is money.
The better you are with finding ways to work effectively from your home, the more effectively you will become at fulfilling your orders.
After A Little Forethought And Planning, I Was Able To Earn Money With eBay
If you're looking to start an eBay business, then think 'strategy'.
After much forethought and planning, I managed to run my eBay Business without having to leave my home by doing the following two things:
- Using Paypal - After the items sold, most financial transactions took place through PayPal.
- Priority Mail Shippping - I always shipped priority mail and was able to buy postage online.
- Every day the mailman would pick up the shipments that day right from my door and deliver more free shipping supplies.
Here's To Your Success With Finding eBay-friendly Small Business Ideas That Fit Your Passion And Will Earn You Money!
P.S. Here's A Few More Tips To Make Your Search For A Small Business A Success...